Monday, February 13, 2012

Flower Shop Table

A friend of mine asked me to make a table for the window of her flower shop.  She wanted to use it for her spring displays.

Rummaging through my collection of hickory sticks, I came up with four that I thought would go together.  Next came selecting the maple for the top and skirt.  I like to work with "wane edge" lumber as it makes each piece unique and reminds us that it came from a tree. 

It also fits nicely with my short attention span, as I get bored quickly with repetitive duplication.  Each piece is different and has it's own personality.

I had high hopes for this piece but, in the end, it turned out even better than expected.  At the present time, its my favourite.


I delivered it to the shop the other day and was approached by a man as I unloaded it from the truck.  He was quite excited about the table; that's got to be a good sign.

I hope it turns heads even more in the shop window.

No comments:

Post a Comment