Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Glengarry Wood Fair 2013


For the third consecutive year, I attended the Glengarry Wood Fair in Dunvegan, Ontario.  The weather was perfect and, once again, I was in the main pavilion.

With a three hour drive, there wasn't much time to get set up and, as usual, I was less than organized.  Fortunately, my cousin, Gaye, was with me and we were ready in short order.  Gaye also was the official photographer and helped out with customer relations.


The great thing about this show is that everyone who attends is into wood.  You can always count on interesting conversations and lots of compliments, especially for the large burl bowls.

Business was steady and several of my favourite pieces went to new homes.  Two cedar bowls from my own woods went quickly, as I expected.

In the end, a successful day, with plans to be back again next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment